The Roger Maris Museum opened in 1984. True to Roger’s wishes, the museum couldn’t be more accessible. Housed in the West Acres Shopping Center in Fargo, the glass enclosed museum allows visitors to re-live Roger’s legendary life every minute the mall is open — every day of the year but Christmas Day, Easter and Thanksgiving. Well over 7 million people visit the mall in a year and while museum officials don’t keep track of how many stop to view the Roger memorabilia, museum developer Jim McLaughlin says, “You’re hardly ever here when there isn’t somebody looking at it.”
In 2003, the museum was completely rebuilt by West Acres. Pat Maris and members of the Maris family were special guests at the re-dedication, along with Jim McLaughlin, who created the original museum with American Legion Post No. 2. The renovated museum has new glass, lighting and ventilation to better preserve and showcase the artifacts. Other exciting features of the museum include:
- A video room to watch an expanded collection of videos while sitting on actual Yankee Stadium seats from the Maris era.
- A replica of Roger’s Yankee Stadium monument.
- A replica of Roger’s 1961 locker.
- Displays and artifacts from Roger’s youth and Major League playing days.
- Artifacts restored from the original museum.
Tuesday, Nov 26, 2019 at 1:00pm
Probstfield Center For Education
Wednesday, Dec 4, 2019 at 5:30pm
Sanctuary Events Center
Thursday, Dec 5, 2019 at 5:30pm
Delta by Marriott
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR