Friends of the Clapp Memorial Library
19 South Main Street
The Friends of Clapp Memorial Library is a volunteer not-for-profit organization dedicated to raising monies to assist the Library beyond the ordinary scope of the Library's budget to reach its potential in our community. The group's additional purpose is to promote and maintain close relationships between the Library and the people it serves, to increase public awareness of Library resources and to encourage community participation in Library activities.
Formed in 1976, the Friends of Clapp Memorial Library is a non-profit group that
- consists of working mothers, business owners, retirees, home schoolers, single people, families, young fathers, pet-owners, readers... in other words all are welcome!
- promotes the services provided by Clapp Memorial Library to the community;
- stimulates Library use by providing programs and activities open to the public;
- helps improve Library facilities and resources and
- raises funds for these purposes through public support.
The Friends firmly believe that quality library services are an asset to the community, and we share a common goal--to have the best library services possible.
Although the Library is a tax-supported institution, many important programs and services are not funded by the Library's regular operating budget. This is where the Friends step in to help. Through membership dues and a variety of fundraisers, the Friends are able to ensure that funding for these services and programs is provided.