The Conejo Canyons is a visually spectacular area that is rich with natural resources and several miles of multi-purpose trails. Located in the northwest portion of the City, this 1,430 acre area was recognized as a community treasure in the 1970s and preserved as permanent open space after a 40-year effort by local residents and government agencies. It contains many of the dominant vegetation types common to Mediterranean climates including coastal sage scrub, chaparral, oak woodlands and riparian woodlands. This area is home to populations of rare and endangered plants and animals, and was home to the Chumash for thousands of years. It also contains a regionally significant wildlife corridor that large mammals such as mule deer, mountain lion, bobcat and coyote depend on for shelter and access to neighboring open space areas. The Conejo Canyons Open Space connects to Wildwood, Arroyo Conejo, and Lynnmere Open Space areas.
Open Space Rules:
Please help us to maintain the beauty of this open space area by observing the following rules:
- Open space and trails are open from sunrise to sunset except during inclement weather and emergency conditions when trails may be closed.
- All resources are protected! This means you may not pick or collect anything including rocks, plants, and animals.
- Please stay on designated "agency signed" trails.
- Dogs must be on a leash no longer than six feet and under control at all times.
- Bicycles and horses must be under control at all times. Do not endanger visitors, wildlife, or park property.
- Carry out all of your trash.
- No motor vehicles on trails or in open space.
- No fires! No camping!
- No hunting or trapping! No weapons, firearms, BB guns, pellet guns, bow and arrows, or slingshots.
- Organized events are allowed by permit only.
Wednesday, Sep 22, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Wednesday, Sep 22, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Zoom | Link provided upon registration
Thursday, Sep 23, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Webinar Hosted by Canterbury Business Solutions
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR