This fall, candidates are taking to the stage trail to discuss critical issues facing our state and country in debates and forums. Debates and forums are more fun to watch with friends – host a watch party either in-person or virtually!
IN-PERSON WATCH PARTY
- Invite some friends to your home.
- Provide snacks and beverages or make it a potluck. Don’t forget the hot dish!
- Tune in for the debate or forum on your television or computer.
- Listen for the candidates to talk about the issues most important to you and voters 50+.
- Discuss the debate or forum with your friends. Did the candidates address issues important to older Minnesotans?
VIRTUAL WATCH PARTY
- Set up an online meeting using your favorite virtual platform. Stream the debate onto that platform using the screen share feature. You can also host a watch party on your social media network.
- Organize a group chat over your favorite messaging platform or by text.
- Email, text, or promote your watch party to your personal networks.
Play at home with your family or compete with friends and family elsewhere:
- Download and print the Bingo cards (make sure everyone playing uses a different card)
- Watch the debates. See the debate schedule below for more information.
- Pay attention to what the candidates say about the issues important to voters 50+
- Protecting Social Security
- Strengthening Medicare for the future
- Lowering prescription drug prices
- Supporting family caregivers
- Ensuring all Minnesotans can live independently in their communities
- Check off the appropriate spot on your Bingo card during the debates.
- Post a selfie with your completed Bingo card on social media. Be sure to tag AARP Minnesota on Facebook and @AARPMN on Twitter with #50+VotersDecide
AARP MINNESOTA SPONSORED DEBATES
To find out more about how to vote safely from home or in-person in the upcoming election, visit aarp.org/mnvotes.