Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross of Arkansas- Rogers
State: ARContact: email@example.com
Imagine being awaken by smoke alarms in the middle of the night. You rush to get your family out to safety now that your home is engulfed in flames. Youﾒre now standing outside of your house in your pajamas in the middle of the night with nowhere to go. Who do you call? The American Red Cross! On the other end of the phone is the Disaster Duty Officer ready to help you during one of the worst days of your life.
What is it?
The Disaster Duty Officer is a lifeline to temporary assistance during a disaster. The Duty Officer is responsible for dispatching Red Cross volunteers called Disaster Action Team (DAT) members to meet with victims of home fires, and other disasters, to provide temporary relief
such as funds for a hotel room, food, and clothing.
- 18 years or older.
- Valid United States driverﾒs license.
- Safe driving record.
- Training provided both online courses and hands on with experienced volunteers???????.
- Virtual opportunity - computer with internet service and a phone needed.
- Online application (see below for instructions).
- What Our Volunteers Are Saying.
- "Being able to help someone in one of their greatest times of need is a feeling like no other." Charlie V.
- ﾓI may not have money to give, but I have time.ﾔ Taylor W.
- ﾓItﾒs a wonderful feeling being able to help someone affected by a house fire, who literally, may only have the clothes on their back." Julie M.
How to get started:
- Complete the online application at www.redcross.org/volunteer
- Or for any questions or to schedule a personal volunteer consultation contact:
Eli Aguirre, Recruitment Specialist
Matching Interests: Disaster Relief
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR