Date: OngoingOrganized By: Compassus Hospice
State: VAContact: email@example.com
The Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer Program aims to pair recruited veteran volunteers with hospice patients who have been identified as veterans. Veteran volunteers are important because they are able to form a camaraderie with veteran patients, that can help eliminate the stoicism and secrecy that veteran patients often develop from having served in the armed forces.
Veteran Volunteers can help by:
- Assist veterans in reminiscing/telling life stories
- Educate and assist patients in receiving veteran benefits
- Take part in pinning ceremonies or distribute certificates for Veteranﾒs Day and other recognition events
- Friendly visits
- Improve communication within families
- Assist in replacing lost medals
- Provide respite for caregivers
- Read to patients
Veteran volunteers have the unique ability to relate and connect with each veteran patient, allowing them to become an essential piece in the delivery of quality end-of-life care.
Matching Interests: Seniors
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR