Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross
Address: Santa Barbara,
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
Volunteer From Home: Help Tell the Red Cross Story on our Communications Team!
The Public Affairs team tells the Red Cross story. They connect the public with our mission and activities. Through this, they support recruiting new volunteers, developing partners, education, and donor support. On this team, we have story tellers, videographers, photographers, bloggers, public speakers; students, retirees and working professionals.
- Serve as media spokesperson for local news outlets in person, over the phone or through Skype interviews.
- Work with chapter and regional leadership to write and pitch local stories to local media. Write and distribute media advisories and press releases.
- Maintain list of subject matter experts to speak with media.
- Maintain media log of queries, interviews and news stories.
- Create and maintain media lists.
- Be on call during shifts to vet and assess media inquires, share information on smaller incidents, and notify leadership of need to scale up response.
- Carry out the same duties from: Red Cross shelters, aid stations, warehouses, emergency operations centers, etc. Blogging/Social Media Content Creation Want to flex your writing skills? Iﾒd love to have you! Check out our blog here to see some of our latest works from our team. We can always use more writers.
Please reach out if interested. You can do both work for our blog and social media TRAINING Red Cross orientation (mission,values, culture, history, lines of service) Database and system training (Volunteer Connection, Brand Central) Disaster Public Affairs training (if you are interested; not a requirement).
Approximately 7-10 hrs of training for new volunteers.
Flexible, but need individuals who can commit at least 10 hours per month.
- Need in San Luis Obispo, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties.
Skill Desired: Web Site/Application Development, Marketing, Social Media/Digital Marketing, Public Speaking/Meeting Facilitation, Photography
Matching Interests: Volunteering from Home, Community, Emergency & Safety, Disaster Relief
Friday, Dec 11, 2020 at 1:00pm Pacific Time
WEBINAR hosted by Canterbury
Sunday, Jan 17, 2021 at 1:00pm Pacific Time
Webinar hosted by Women's Business Center at JEDI
Tuesday, Dec 1, 2020 at 10:00am Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR