Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Cancer Society
State: NDContact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Road To Recovery is an American Cancer Society program designed to help improve the quality of life for cancer patients by transporting them to and from cancer-related treatment appointments.
The Road To Recovery Volunteer driver can help provide people with transportation to and from their cancer-related treatment appointments. Drivers donate their time and the use of their personal vehicles to help ensure that people with cancer get the treatments they need. Volunteer drivers are also there to show support and provide information and resource referrals coordinated through the American Cancer Society.
Keep in mind that most rides are needed during Monday - Saturdays, primarily between 7 am and 7 pm. Drivers should have regular availability during that time frame.
- Complete necessary Road To Recovery training and updates.
- Follows program guidelines and maintains required volunteer eligibility requirements.
- Utilizes Service Match to manage availability and ride requests.
- Coordinates with the patient at least one to two days prior to the accepted ride request and provides ride as agreed upon.
- Completes all necessary transportation documentation information.
- Reports all changes with contact information, availability, insurance coverage and driving eligibility to the Society in a timely manner.
Skill Desired: Medical/Health
Matching Interests: Geared for 50+ volunteers, Seniors, Community, Health & Wellness
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR