Date: OngoingOrganized By: Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
State: MIContact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The families of Washtenaw-area hospice patients need volunteers to visit the patients. You can give just a small amount of time but your help will make a world of difference to the patients and families! Hospice staff will train you and walk every step of the way with you. Location of work: Central office is located in Ann Arbor near the corner of Packard and Carpenter Road. Visiting locations vary throughout the county.
Task: Offer companionship, a friendly chat, respite to patients family, homemaking chores, and/or errands. No direct or medical care (bathing, toileting, etc).
- Orientation from helpful staff.
- Flexible schedule.
- Volunteer liability insurance to supplement your own medical and auto insurance.
- Invitation to volunteer recognition and appreciation events.
- Meet like-minded people, make friends, build connections.
- Feel good knowing you are doing a good deed.
- Volunteers must be age 55 or better to apply.
Provide your phone number when applying. Email email@example.com or call (734) 971-9781 ext. 364
Matching Interests: Indoors, Handicap accessible, Geared for 50+ volunteers, Veterans & Military Families, Seniors, People with Disabilities
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR