Date: OngoingOrganized By: Catholic Charities East Bay
Address: 433 Jefferson Street,
Oakland, CA 94607
Spanish Translator and Interpreter
Position Summary: Catholic Charities East Bays Immigration Legal Services Department has provided relief for immigrants and refugees for over 35 years. With a staff of attorneys, Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) accredited representatives, paralegals, law students, support staff, and volunteers in Oakland, Richmond, and Concord, Catholic Charities is one of the largest providers of immigration legal services for low-income families in the East Bay.
Some of the immigration legal services Catholic Charities provides are:
- Family-based visa petitions.
- Permanent residency (Green Card) applications and renewals.
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- Citizenship and naturalization.
- Visas (victims of crime) and VAWA cases (survivors of domestic abuse).
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status.
- Consultations regarding immigration options.
The Volunteer Spanish Translator & Interpreter will serve under the supervision of Catholic Charities Immigration Attorneys in Oakland, Concord and Richmond. Training will be provided. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone bilingual in English and Spanish wanting to assist undocumented youth, individuals, and families in our community
- Interpret for Spanish-speaking clients attending USCIS interviews, consultations, and follow-up appointments with Catholic Charities immigration attorneys, BIA-accredited representatives, legal assistants, law clerks, and volunteers occasionally.
- Translate documents from Spanish to English, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, personal declarations, letters of support, and foreign legal document.
- Must complete a Live Scan background check to be paid by Catholic Charities.
- Must complete a brief online training in recognizing and reporting abuse.
- This is at least a 4 month commitment, 3-6 hours per week
Opportunity available in Richmond, CA and Concord, CA.
Skill Desired: Spanish Language
Matching Interests: Indoors, Relevant Experience Required, Handicap accessible, Geared for 50+ volunteers, Legal Work, Immigrants & Refugees
Thursday, Aug 22, 2019 at 9:30am
Belmont City Seniors
Thursday, Aug 22, 2019 at 12:30pm
San Mateo Senior Center
San Mateo, CA
Saturday, Aug 24, 2019 at 8:30am
San Ramon Senior Center
San Ramon, CA
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR