Date: OngoingOrganized By: Soles4Souls
State: TXContact: firstname.lastname@example.org
By hosting a shoe drive you can create community engagement, provide new opportunities for those in need AND give back to the environment. All you have to do is rally everyone you know to clean out their closets and donate their used shoes. You will pick them up from them or have places for them to drop-off.
We have branded S4S boxes you are welcome to use and place (with the placeﾒs permission) at your office, church, library, school, local business, grocery store, etc. When you finish collecting, you will bring them to the Soles4Souls Regional Donation Center in Coppell, TX or ship for free through Zappos (based on your location). At this point you have completed your drive.
If you would like to volunteer additionally and help process the shoes in the warehouse, you can do this with or without doing a drive. You can invest as much time or as little time into your drive. We will write you a service letter if needed. Soles4Souls creates sustainable jobs and provides relief through the distribution of shoes and clothing around the world. Itﾒs estimated thatﾠ21 billion pounds of textile waste is dumpedﾠin landfills every year.ﾠThat makes upﾠmore than 5% of all municipal waste generated every year. Since 2006, Soles4Souls has divertedﾠ23.8 million pounds of shoes and clothesﾠfrom landfills and instead created meaningful economic opportunities and helped provide new shoes for those in need around the globe.
Gently-worn shoes collected help individuals start and sustain small businesses to lift themselves and their families out of poverty. Here are the steps for conducting a shoe drive:
1. Register to host a shoe drive for a specific period of time and with a goal in mind. You also pick the type of drive and I suggest Go Green this time of year but you can do a Create your own.
2. I would bring you a collection box (image attached). You line this with a hefty duty garbage bag and replace as it gets full. If you havenﾒt already, check out our YouTube channel for inspiration!
3. Communicate your drive! You can use the materials on our resources page.
4. Optional: we can issue a press release and/or geo-targeted social media posts about your shoe drive. Take lots of pictures and share with me so I can feature your groupﾒs efforts!
Also, follow our local Facebook page here and our Instagram page here. You can post on the Facebook page about progress of your drive!
5. Once the drive concludes, make sure all the pairs are rubber-banded together or laces are tied. You can drop them off at the warehouse in garbage bags! You will coordinate your drop-off time with me!
6. One additional thing to note - every 20 pairs donated, counts as one hour of service plus all the time spent marketing your drive, collecting and preparing shoes and anything else relevant to your shoe drive!
Skill Desired: Handyman/Painting/Cleaning, Project Management
Matching Interests: Geared for 50+ volunteers, Handicap accessible, Indoors, Family friendly, Volunteering from Home, Environment, Disaster Relief, Community, Children & Youth, Poverty
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR