Date: OngoingOrganized By: Crisis Intervention Services
Address: 207 A Ave. East,
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Crisis Intervention Services helps survivors of sexual assault and other violent crimes in a 12-county area of SE Iowa. CIS operates a growing number of emergency shelters across its region.
Shelter volunteers play many key roles, including:
- Answering calls on the shelter hotline.
- Conducting assessment interviews with survivors
- Helping survivors get settled in our emergency housing.
- Offering guidance in r￩sum￩ creation, budgeting and other life skills
providing transportation for survivors (medical appointments, job interviews, apartment hunting, etc.)
- Receiving and sorting food, clothing and other donations
child care for survivors' families.
- Facility maintenance and groundskeeping.
Volunteers are welcome at all times, but our greatest need is on weekends and evenings. Let's talk and discover the best fit for you at CIS!
Skill Desired: Handyman/Painting/Cleaning, Medical/Health, Landscaping/Gardening
Matching Interests: Relevant Experience Appreciated, Indoors, Outdoors, Children & Youth, Women's Issues, Poverty, Legal Work, Homeless & Housing, Emergency & Safety, Community
Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 11:00am Eastern Time
Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 11:30am Central Time
Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 1:00pm Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR