Date: OngoingOrganized By: Housing Solutions of Northern Arizona
Address: 1926 N Fourth St,
Flagstaff, AZ 86003
Housing Solutions of N. Arizona History:
Housing Solutions of N. Arizona, Inc. is a local 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to build opportunity for sustainable, affordable housing in northern Arizona. Founded in 1990 as the Affordable Housing Coalition, the organizationﾒs main programs include housing counseling, construction of affordable housing and Sharon Manor, a transitional housing facility for homeless individuals and children survivors of domestic violence.
In March 2014, HSNA opened Sharons Attic, a thrift store, which specializes in sales of items for household goods, furniture, toys/baby items, and clothing. The primary duties for this person are to provide customer service, help customers with check out/purchase of their items and to assist with incoming donations and donation pick-up as well as purchase delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting customers in the store with questions and purchases.
- Thanking donors for their contributions and providing donation receipts.
- Operate check-out register.
- Answer questions regarding store, operations, donations, etc. in person and on the phone.
- Clean the store and ensure it is clean and safe.
- Inventory, sort, price and display merchandise for sale.
- Great customer service skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
- Ability to work unsupervised and be a self-starter.
- One Day a week for 4 hours (Morning, Afternoon, Evening).
- Must commit to volunteer for 4 months or one school semester.
- Sign and complete all volunteer paperwork.
- Complete new volunteer orientation.
Housing Solutions owns and operates Sharon Manor - a 24 unit transitional housing facility for homeless domestic violence survivors and their children. Sharon Manor helps victims and their children gain skills and workplace training to establish independent futures free from violence, while living in affordable, safe housing. Volunteering at Sharons Attic directly supports Sharon Manor.
Matching Interests: Indoors, Geared for 50+ volunteers, Family friendly, Relevant Experience Appreciated, Women's Issues, Poverty, Homeless & Housing, Children & Youth
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR