Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross
State: PAContact: email@example.com
Reports To: EMP: SAF: Regional Manager
Develop and execute and implementation work plan outlining objectives, strategies, and tactics supporting the Service to the Armed Froces priorities. Set realistic targets and fcus on delivering results.
Build a culture that supports the Red Cross mission. Develop/build Service to the Armed Forces team of skilled volunteers. Recruit volunteers to ensure redundancy in managing key implementation planning processes and/or critical operations functions.
Identify roles for volunteers based of the implementation plan as well as delegate and mentor volunteers in a supportive manner Incorporate training program into volunteer work plans to strengthen the team.
Design an ongoing succession plan, consistent with the development/training program. Key involvement in Ad Hoc projects as and when required.
Time Commitment: Approximately 10 hours per week, working remotely and on-site.
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs Proven leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations.
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service.
- Work well both individually and with others Strategic thinking including ability to understand and communicate the organization's vision and mission, and process-oriented with regards to decision making and implementation planing.
- Team building, talent management and succession planning skills to grow the organization capabilities.
- Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff partners as well as board members, senior management, and other volunteers.
- Understanding the value of volunteers and providing leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience.
Length of Appointment: One year appointment, renewable annually based on satisfactory performance of position.
- Community advocacy and leadership.
- Relationship building Enhance leadership and communications skills.
- Interact with and meet a variety of people Interact with and meet a variety of people Team building with the Red Cross, volunteers and community partners.
- Expand knowledge base in humanitarian efforts and emergency/disaster response.
Training: Orientation to the American Red Cross On -the-job training from supervisor, as needed.
Skill Desired: Public Speaking/Meeting Facilitation, Project Management
Matching Interests: Indoors, Relevant Experience Required, Relevant Experience Appreciated, Geared for 50+ volunteers
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR