Date: OngoingOrganized By: Compassionate Care Hospice
State: DEContact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Greatest Gift You Can Give Yourself!!
Compassionate Care Hospice is looking for ordinary people to do extraordinary things!
Compassionate Care Hospice provides comfort care for persons in the final stages of life. We are a community based organization committed to providing the highest quality of hospice care to patients and their families.
Volunteers play an important role in the hospice program. The support they provide to patients and their families helps enhance the patient's QUALITY OF LIFE and gives RELIEF to their caregivers.
What is the importance of Veteran Volunteers?
- Volunteers are essential to the delivery of quality hospice care.
- Veterans are a part of a distinct culture with their own common language and experience.
- When Veterans interact, their common language and experience can form a strong relational bond.
- The camaraderie created between Veterans has proven to be supportive for all involved.
What activities can Veteran Volunteers do?
- Assist Veterans in reminiscing/telling life stories.
- Take part in pinning ceremonies or distribute certificates for Veterans Day and other recognition events; Play an instrument or sing during a pinning ceremony.
- Assist in replacing lost medals.
How You Can Help Our Patients Living at Home or in a Nursing Home:
- Visiting patients and providing companionship.
- Respite for family members and caregivers.
- Music Therapy -Musicians and singers visit hospice patients in their homes or homelike setting to provide comfort through their music.
- Pet Therapy - Pet Therapy teams visit patients/families and provide comfort measures through contact with the pet.
Background checks and training are a requirement of the program.
If you are interested or need more information, please give us a call at 302-421-4690.
Skill Desired: Medical/Health
Matching Interests: Indoors, Handicap accessible, Relevant Experience Appreciated, Veterans & Military Families, Seniors, Health & Wellness, People with Disabilities, Community
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR