Date: OngoingOrganized By: Catholic Charities East Bay
Address: 433 Jefferson Street,
Oakland, CA 94607
The Reception Information and Referral Volunteer is crucial to the success of Catholic Charities. This volunteer will serve as a first point-of-contact for members of our community who call into or walk into Catholic Charities. As such, Reception and Information Referral Volunteer must be patient, polite, and helpful above all else. Bilingual (English/Spanish) volunteers are preferred for this volunteer role.
This is an ideal volunteer opportunity for retired office professionals wanting to give back, students who want work experience at a busy social service agency, and anyone who wants to help people in crisis in our community.
- Must complete a Live Scan background check (to be paid for by Catholic Charities).
- Must complete a brief online training on recognizing and reporting abuse.
- Must be available to volunteer at least 5 hours per week (between Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00pm) for at least 3 months.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with social services is preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) volunteers are preferred.
This opportunity is available in our Oakland, Richmond and Concord offices.
Matching Interests: Handicap accessible, Relevant Experience Appreciated, Indoors, Geared for 50+ volunteers, Immigrants & Refugees, Homeless & Housing, Community, Poverty
Thursday, Aug 22, 2019 at 9:30am
Belmont City Seniors
Thursday, Aug 22, 2019 at 12:30pm
San Mateo Senior Center
San Mateo, CA
Saturday, Aug 24, 2019 at 8:30am
San Ramon Senior Center
San Ramon, CA
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR