Date: From October 26, 2017
Until October 26, 2018
Address: 104 Minnie St, Crystal Lake, IL 60014Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwest Center Against Sexual Assault (NWCASA) is a non-profit agency dedicated to servicing sexual assault/sexual abuse survivors and their families throughout north/northwest Cook County. Volunteers are essential to providing these services.
Advocacy: Medical advocacy is available to clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at hospital emergency rooms and police departments. Staff and trained volunteers respond in person to offer emotional support and provide information.
Crisis Intervention: Phone response is available to callers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Hotline services include telephone crisis counseling and information/referrals. The hotline is answered by staff and trained volunteers.
Requirements & Commitments:
1. Must be at least 18 years old.
2. Agree to a Background Check.
3. Must have valid Driver's License.
4. Must volunteer at least 12 hours a month (2 shifts) for a minimum of 1 full year.
5. 40 Hour Training (provided by Northwest CASA).
6. Be able to arrive within 1 hour of the following hospitals:
- Northern Illinois Medical Center (Centegra McHenry in McHenry)
- Centegra Memorial (Centegra Woodstock in Woodstock)
- Centegra Hospital (Centegra Huntley in Huntley
Matching Interests: Relevant Experience Appreciated, Children & Youth, Women's Issues
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR