Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross of Georgia
State: GAContact: GARecruit@redcross.org
Social media volunteers interact with supporters on social platforms, and help to tell the Red Cross story across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Flickr, Instagram, and others. We are looking for communications professionals or higher level college students (junior or senior level) who are studying communications.
Showcase Red Cross services and program through social posts including photos and videos.
- Train and encourage Red Cross volunteers and employees to use their personal social accounts to share information about the Red Cross.
- Respond to mentions and direct messages. Join existing conversations by validating information, correcting misinformation, recognizing partners, and sharing information.
- Post content on Facebook, Twitter, blogs and the Red Cross Disaster Action Room across the region.
- Post Red Cross activities to followers from events first-hand.
- Alert leadership to any negative posts.
- Active on personal social media accounts.
- Experience with managing professional social accounts.
- Willing to make social media accounts public and share with Red Cross teams.
- Regularly check email and have regular Internet access.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in using social media sites.
Skill Desired: Social Media/Digital Marketing, Marketing, Writing
Matching Interests: Relevant Experience Required, Geared for 50+ volunteers, Volunteering from Home, Indoors, Veterans & Military Families, Media & Broadcasting, Emergency & Safety, Disaster Relief, Community
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR