Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross of Idaho and Montana
State: MTContact: IDMT.Recruiting@redcross.org
As a licensed healthcare professional, you know the importance of quality care. During times of disaster, affected families in emergency shelters need access to basic healthcare. This is only possible through volunteers like you! Online training is free and CE credit are available. Start now to bring quality care to those when they need it the most.
The Red Cross is preparing for another extremely busy disaster season. This yearﾒs wildfire outlook is already very active and dangerous because of the severe drought and dry woodlands across the West. Itﾒs critical to have a trained and ready volunteer workforce to make sure we can provide relief at a momentﾒs notice. Be ready to stand up when disaster strikes by training now as a Disaster Health Service Associate.
As a Red Cross Disaster Health Service Associate volunteer, you'll be part of a team assisting those recovering from disaster at emergency shelters:
- Provide hands on care for shelter clients to include but not limited to assistance with activities of daily living, wound care, incontinence care, assistance with functional needs.
- Provide health education, health assessments and determination if a higher level of care is needed.
- Assist clients to replace medications, durable medical equipment, or consumable medical supplies.
- Availability to travel within region (minimum of 5 days working 4-, 6- or 12-hour shifts on consecutive days) -or- travel to surrounding states (minimum of 14 days working 8- or 12-hour shifts on consecutive days). Travel and lodging expenses are covered.
- Complete the required virtual self-paced training (approximately 13 hours of training) within 30 days.
- CE credit available.
Watch: Your talents in action at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLIk_Mn9chE&feature=youtu.be
Itﾒs through the efforts of volunteers that we do extraordinary things! Start now to inspire hope and spread kindness through action!
Complete your application now at www.redcross.org/volunteertoday
Licensed required: RN, LPN, LVN, EMT, Paramedic, MD, DO, PA, NP, APRN
Our need for volunteers is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC and local-government COVID-19 safety recommendations.
Skill Desired: Medical/Health
Matching Interests: Relevant Experience Required, Indoors, Community, Disaster Relief, Health & Wellness
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR