Date: OngoingOrganized By: Hosparus Health
State: KYContact: email@example.com
A music care volunteer visits Hosparus Health patients in private homes, nursing facilities or the Hosparus Health Inpatient Care Center. The approved Hosparus Health Volunteer will be assigned to visit a patient, bring a musical instrument to the visit, and play for the patient (and family).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Accepts assignments from the Volunteer Department.
2. Contacts the patient or family member to set up the visit.
3. Through conversation and interaction with patient and family, learns about the type of music the patient would enjoy.
4. Plays for the patient and also observes the reaction of the patient and family and responds with sensitivity.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Skilled in playing a musical instrument.
2. Comfortable in the company of a person with a life-limiting illness.
3. Comfortable and sensitive in meeting patient and families in grief.
4. Able to respond to emotion brought on by music.
5. Willingness to turn in all time and visit documentation in a timely manner.
Training Requirements: In order to accept any volunteer opportunity at Hosparus Health, a volunteer must successfully complete all required training and screening in accordance with Hosparus Health policies and procedures, including character references, criminal background check, TB skin test and annual paperwork.
All volunteer time is to be documented according to Hosparus Health time standards and on a Hosparus Health Time Record or an approved alternative.
Skill Desired: Public Speaking/Meeting Facilitation
Matching Interests: Indoors, Relevant Experience Appreciated, Veterans & Military Families, Seniors, Arts & Culture, Health & Wellness, Community
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR