Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross
Address: Richmond City,
Richmond, VA 23219
Transportation Specialist - Hospital Deliveries or Component Pick-up Position Purpose Support blood delivery to or from hospitals, labs, blood banks, and both mobile and fixed site blood drives.
- Distribute blood to area hospitals as routine or "stat" deliveries.
- Transport blood and blood products from blood collection sites to the laboratory for processing.
- Pick up and return boxes as needed
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures.
- Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross personnel and customers.
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner and provide strong customer service at all times.
- 3-5-hour shift, minimum 1 shift per month, can be as often as the driver wishes.
- On-call shifts available Qualifications / Requirements
- Requires good oral communication, friendly, customer service skills, and the ability to relate effectively to people of diverse backgrounds and education levels.
- Comfort with computers and ability to enter basic information in database is preferred.
- 1-2-hour Driver training with Defensive Driving Course,
- On the Job Training with current driver, volunteer or fleet coordinator
- Enjoy driving and cars
- Physically able (lifting requirements)
- Retired drivers (UPS, mail carriers, local delivery, school bus driver)
- Volunteers for other organizations ex Meals on Wheels
- Timely and prompt- Highly self-sufficient and dependable
Please contact me for additional details. Background check and Motor Vehicle Record Check is required (Paid for by the American Red Cross).
Matching Interests: Requires Physical Ability (for example, lift 50 lbs.), Geared for 50+ volunteers, Health & Wellness, Community
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR