Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross
State: PAContact: firstname.lastname@example.org
After every blood donation, the blood is processed and tested. Then, it needs to be transported to local hospitals, so that it is on the shelves should, you or I or our friends or family members need it. Right now, We have a real shortage of volunteers to transport the blood from our processing labs to the hospitals.
Volunteers need no prior experience. You need a clean driving record, a big heard and the ability to lift our boxes. This opportunity can also be done with a spouse, significant other, or family member to serve as a navigator.
Purpose: To transport blood and blood products throughout the region in a safe and timely manner.
Reports To: Blood Services Greater Alleghenies: Biomedical Volunteer Scheduling Specialist II.
- Distribute blood to area hospitals as routine.
- Transport blood and blood products from blood collection sites to the laboratory for processing.
- Pick up and return boxes as needed.
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures.
- Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross personnel and customers.
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner.
Time Commitment: Variable; preferred commitment: 2-4 shifts/month.
- Willingness to support Red Cross mission.
- Successful completion of background check and motor vehicle report.
- Valid state Driver's License with 3 years driving experience.
- Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes.
- Able to verify safe driving records with state or insurance.
- Current car registration and insurance required if using own vehicle.
- Experience to demonstrate reliability.
- Ability to lift up to 45lbs.
- Successful completion of American Red Cross Defensive Driving Course.
Length of Appointment: On-Going.
Matching Interests: Geared for 50+ volunteers, Requires Physical Ability (for example, lift 50 lbs.), Community
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR