Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Heart Association
State: WYContact: email@example.com
At the American Heart Association, we are extremely fortunate to have world-class volunteers who share their time, and talent on behalf of our mission: building healthier lives free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. Our volunteersﾒ dedication, coupled with our talented staff teamﾒs work, enables us to make a truly life-saving impact in our communities.
Volunteers are the lifeblood in fulfilling our mission, and weﾒll need your help in achieving our ambitious 10-year goal. By 2020, we want to improve the cardiovascular health of all Americans by 20 percent while reducing deaths from cardiovascular diseases and stroke by 20 percent.
On behalf of the nation-wide ECC Regional Committees, we are sending out this announcement to recruit our next generation of ECC Committee Leaders, Members, and Regional Faculty Volunteers.
Our goal is to engage executive leaders from training centers, healthcare professions, and the community, including survivors, in the promotion of high quality CPR and emergency cardiovascular care (ECC). We are looking for passionate volunteers to help us reach the gold standard of board engagement in all mid and western states. We have various volunteer opportunities within educational mentorship, advocacy and ECC project development and leadership.
American Heart Association ECC Regional Committee members bring a combination of skills, experience, passion and influence to accomplish the health goals of an AHA region. Regional ECC Committee members apply their time, talent and resources toward advancing quality CPR & Frist Aid training, building resource capacity and improving the cardiovascular health of the community.
Major responsibilities include:
- Serves as an ambassador and advocate for the AHA publicly and within their spheres of influence.
- Attends and actively participates in scheduled committee and sub-committee meetings.
- Actively participates in at least one subcommittee or working group or one goal-related regional initiative/activity.
- Fully supports the recruitment and development of a committee that is representative of the community demographics.
- Accessible to AHA staff and other members of the committee as needed.
- Scrupulously abides by the Conflict of Interest policy.
- Actively participates as a member of the Youﾒre the Cure Network.
- Is fully engaged in the goals and work of the AHA.
- Is a visible committee member and understands the role that committee members play (as a group and individually) in the success of the region.
- Participates in at least 75% of quarterly committee meetings.
- Provides access to a network of community and corporate leaders who can facilitate the AHAﾒs ability to achieve the health goals of the region.
- Actively engages in the activities of the community plan.
- Understands and fully supports the mission and policies of the AHA.
- Completes and discusses a written work plan at each committee meeting and reviews the plan annually.
- Demonstrated executive leadership or equivalent in business, organization or industry.
- Decision making ability and authority to engage businesses, organizations or centers of influence on behalf of the AHA.
- Ability and willingness to act in support of, and engage others in, the AHA mission.
- Attends orientation.
Volunteer Manager; via Application process
Two-year term, option one renewal
Quarterly committee meetings, periodic sub-committee meetings, cultivation and stewardship meetings, teleconferences as needed.
Want to know more:
Please email Gesselle Carradero, American Heart Association Volunteer Manager at Gesselle.Carradero@Heart.org with your background and interest in being a part of the AHA ECC Committee.
Skill Desired: Public Speaking/Meeting Facilitation, Medical/Health, Education/Training
Matching Interests: Indoors, Relevant Experience Appreciated, Women's Issues, Seniors, Health & Wellness, Emergency & Safety, People with Disabilities, Community
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR