Date: OngoingOrganized By: Kancar/Medicaid
Address: 333 E Poplar St,
Olathe, KS 66061
We help those with Kancar/Medicaid get questions answered.
The KanCare Ombudsman Volunteer Program is for individuals interested in providing a community service by assisting KanCare (Kansas Medicaid) members who:
- Have questions or concerns regarding their health care coverage.
- Need help in applying for, or to understand and learn about their KanCare benefits and the value-added services provided by the three KanCare managed care organizations.
- Need guidance and information on the appeals, grievances and State Fair Hearing processes.
The program will provide training at no cost.
- In person (class and hands-on).
- Shadowing/mentoring and support for volunteers with experienced staff member.
- Online continuing education.
We will work with your schedule:
- 3-15 hours per week
- Mon-Fri, between 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Three Possible locations:
- Olathe, KS
- Kansas City, KS
- Wichita, KS
This is a new program and the first of its kind. One out of seven people deal with Medicaid in Kansas. And if you know anything about insurance, you know that you donﾒt know anything about insurance. It can be VERY complicated.
We help those who have been frustrated, those who need guidance and someone to talk to. We are there to answer their call; we give them an actual person to talk to. You donﾒt have to be an expert on Medicaid; you will learn as you help others.
As calls come in, we track them. We see the gaps in the system because those gaps are calling us every day. It is through this tracking that we advocate for change.
Matching Interests: Indoors, Geared for 50+ volunteers, Handicap accessible, Seniors, Poverty, Health & Wellness, People with Disabilities, Community, Children & Youth
Tuesday, Jan 7, 2020 at 11:00am
Hy-Vee Club Room
Monday, Jan 13, 2020 at 10:00am
AARP Missouri State Office
Kansas City, MO
Thursday, Dec 12, 2019 at 7:00pm
AMC Town Center 20
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR