Date: OngoingOrganized By: Aseracare Hospice
Address: Nursing Homes/ Patient Homes, Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235Contact: email@example.com
Aseracare Hospice is seeking available volunteers who specialize in sharing their trained pet with persons who are ill or lonely. Volunteers function as companion volunteers with the specialty focus on encouraging and enhancing patient interactions with their certified pet.
There may be only one visit, but often additional or on-going pet companion visits are requested.
- Attendance at all required sessions of Direct Volunteer Training/Orientation, including specific training discussing use of pets in patient care in various settings, as well as pertinent hospice policies and procedures.
- Pet must be certified for visits by a certified Pet Therapy Program, comparable to those listed on the American Kennel Clubﾒs website. AseraCare agencies located in communities lacking a pet therapy certification group, should have the pet at minimum pass obedience training and should have first visit supervised by AseraCare staff.
Pet must have current rabies vaccination and Volunteer is responsible to keep this documentation current in the Volunteerﾒs personnel file in the Volunteer Office records.
- Volunteer Coordinator will conduct 2-3 supervisory visits with volunteer and pet before they make unsupervised visits.
- Acceptance of supervision and direction from appropriate team members as is applicable to this program.
- Agreement with hospice philosophy.
- Maintenance of appropriate boundaries and confidentiality.
Skill Desired: Medical/Health
Matching Interests: Geared for 50+ volunteers, Seniors, People with Disabilities, Health & Wellness
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR