Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross of Greater Arkansas
State: ARContact: email@example.com
Interested in Deploying to Help with Hurricane Response
- Experts predict above-normal hurricane season; season runs June-November.
- Expectations 13-19 named storms, 6-10 hurricanes, and 3-6 major hurricanes. The Shelter Service Associates is a temporary position assigned to work in person in a Red Cross shelter.
SHELTER SERVICE ASSOCIATE - What Is It?
- Work in person at a Red Cross mass care shelter before, during and/or after a disaster.
- Support day-to-day activities in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information collection, etc.
- Provide compassionate customer service while observing all safety protocols in a COVID environment.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to build effective relationships with co-workers and shelter residents.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods, including climbing stairs and can lift/transport supplies up to 20 pounds multiple times per shift.
- Completion of volunteer application (including background checks) and self-paced online training.
- Immediate availability to leave within 24 hours.
- 14-day deployment.
- Red Cross covers flights and expense of one checked bag; must be able to carry everything you pack!
- Provided Mission Card (personal charge card) to cover approved expenses.
Deployment arrival: ﾓIn processﾔ with Staff Services.
Lodging: No roommates (practicing social distancing) but expect to change rooms often and/or stay at shelter.
- Focus on client; be kind, flexible, and proactive; offer and ask for help; take care of yourself and each other.
- ALWAYS represent Red Cross professionally.
How to get started:
Complete the online application at www.redcross.org/volunteertoday
Questions? Email: RecruitMOAR@redcross.org
Copy and paste this link to register to learn more: https://bit.ly/HurricaneDeploy
Matching Interests: Outdoors, Geared for 50+ volunteers, Relevant Experience Appreciated, Disaster Relief
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR