Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross
Address: 2707 State St,
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
- Support the Red Cross Mission.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of any case notes, names and other personal information in accordance with Red Cross policies.
- Understand and apply Service to Armed Forces (SAF) policies, procedures and protocols related to Red Cross client services consistently and correctly.
- Support the critical community services cases; which can include an intake interview to assess client needs and providing appropriate service to clients including referrals to other agencies; and the follow up process to include making follow-up calls to military members and/or families to determine if their needs are met, providing other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service.
- Acquire a working knowledge of local, state and federal resources aiding military members, families and veterans.
- Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy.
- Flexible with a scheduled commitment.
- Successful American Red Cross background check.
- Complete required national training and locally developed orientation.
- Able to support Red Cross SAF mission; have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' issues.
- Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances and instill trust in others while upholding the values and principles of the American Red Cross.
- Ability to apply active listening skills and employ reasoning and questioning strategies to capture, analyze, and interpret information from clients, staff, and management.
- Good computer skills to include use of Internet search tools; Intranet; and Microsoft Office Suite, to include Outlook, word-processing, database and/or spreadsheet applications.
- Effective interviewing skills and a sound knowledge of telephone and in-person etiquette and pleasant and friendly manners respectful of human dignity.
- Ability to work with or without supervision.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Willingness to gain knowledge of community resources.
- Able to work with culturally diverse populations.
Find out more at www.redcross.org/volunteertoday or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Make a Difference? Here's How to Get Started!
Go to redcross.org/volunteertoday to complete our online application. It takes less than 10 minutes!
A member of our team will get in touch. Taking the time for a personal conversation enables us to match you with a role that will be both meaningful and enjoyable.
We will provide all necessary training to ensure you can be successful in your volunteer role.
Skill Desired: Web Site/Application Development, Writing
Matching Interests: Volunteering from Home, Community, Veterans & Military Families
Tuesday, Jan 25, 2022 at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Time
Wednesday, Jan 26, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Zoom | Link Will Be Provided Before the Event
Tuesday, Feb 8, 2022 at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR