Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross - Northern Ohio
State: OHContact: email@example.com
Be ready to help your local community! Due to predictions for an active hurricane and wildfire season and the complexities of COVID-19, the Red Cross will need thousands of volunteers to care for people when disasters strike. Train now so you can answer the call when your community needs it most!
Purpose The Shelter Service Associate is a temporary position assigned to work in person in a Red Cross shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event. Shelter Service Associates complete tasks necessary for shelter operations and provide assistance for disaster clients. Shelter Service Associates support the day-to-day activities within a shelter which may include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter.
- Following worker safety procedures for working in a COVID environment.
- Embodying the fundamental principles of the American Red Cross in their work with clients, disaster responders and partners.
- Providing excellent client service and support the daily maintenance of the shelter operation at the direction of the assigned Shelter Supervisor.
- Using the Shift Tool during the disaster event to report availability and schedule shelter shifts.
- Completing the required virtual self-paced training.
- Deploy for a minimum of 14 days working 8 or 12 hour shifts.
Matching Interests: Disaster Relief