Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross - Northern Ohio
State: OHContact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose Disaster Health Services Service Associate is a temporary position assigned to work in person before, during and/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season. Volunteers in this role provide assistance and healthcare to shelter residents as needed.
- Provide hands on care for shelter clients to include but not limited to assistance with activities of daily living, wound care, incontinence care, assistance with functional needs.
- Provide health education, health assessments and determination if a higher level of care is needed.
- Assist clients to replace medications, durable medical equipment or consumable medical supplies.
- Advocate for client needs with Disaster Health Services supervisor.
- Support maternal and child needs as necessary.
- Complete required virtual self-paced training required for the position
- Deploy for a minimum of 14 days working 8- or 12-hour shifts.
Qualifications - Required qualifications:
A current, unencumbered license in at least one of the following professions:
Registered Nurse (RN)
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)*
Medical Doctor (MD)
Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
Physician Assistant (PA)
Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
Minimum 18 years of age
- Willing and able to volunteer in person in a COVID -19 disaster shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event.
- Willing to complete 4 hours of virtual self-paced training required for position.
Matching Interests: Disaster Relief
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR