Date: OngoingOrganized By: Eden Housing
Address: Multiple locations in,
San Leandro, CA 94578
Coaching is the way of the future! Go through our training to become a Financial Coach and get paired one-on-one with a client. Gain professional experience working with a client to set and achieve financial goals. Rather than simply educating or giving advice, coaches work one-on-one with our low income residents to help them improve their financial well-being, set and achieve meaningful financial goals, develop action steps, provide accountability, and serve as a resource for client questions.
Successful coaches are active listeners, curious, goal-oriented, and able to work in partnership with their client.
Knowledge of personal financial management is useful but not required.
Coaches attend a 1-day training to learn the financial curriculum, coaching practices, and tools that can be used with clients.
Training is held on weeknight evenings.
- Go through our training to become a Financial Coach
- Gain professional development
- Professional experience gained working with a client setting and achieving financial goals
- Last year our coaches helped 80% of our low-income residents to create a budget. As a result of this program, 72% of residents said they felt better prepared to manage and overcome a financial setback or emergency.
- Develop a close working relationship with a resident and watch them succeed!
- Coaches meet with their client bi-weekly for six months or check-in as needed.
- Coaching sessions are generally 60 minutes.
- Contact us for more information or to apply!
Skill Desired: Accounting, Public Speaking/Meeting Facilitation, Education/Training, Information Technology
Matching Interests: Poverty, Homeless & Housing, Health & Wellness, Employment, Emergency & Safety, Education & Literacy, People with Disabilities, Community, Veterans & Military Families
Saturday, Aug 24, 2019 at 8:30am
San Ramon Senior Center
San Ramon, CA
Monday, Aug 26, 2019 at 8:30am
Burlingame Rec Ctr
Tuesday, Aug 27, 2019 at 8:30am
Burlingame Rec Ctr
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR