State: NJContact: NJDriverSafety@gmail.com
The Instructor, an unpaid volunteer, conducts AARP Driver Safety 6- hour Program courses in a classroom setting.
TRAINING AND MEETING ATTENDANCE EXPECTATIONS:
- Enroll in and complete the Instructor online learning path.
- Meet with a designated volunteer to review best practices and state specific information.
- If new to Driver Safety, attend an in-person Driver Safety Course.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
Actively organize, promote, and conduct AARP Smart Driver classroom courses in accordance with AARP National Office Guidelines.
- Strong and demonstrated experience teaching, facilitating, and public speaking>
- Ability to empathize and work with diverse populations.
- Working knowledge of video technology, access to e-mail and the Internet.
- Conduct at least 3 classroom courses annually.
- Recruit host locations for classroom courses or work with state volunteers to identify teaching assignments.
- Reimbursement for all official AARP ADS expenses.
- Coverage by AARP insurance while conducting ADS business.
- Eligible for participation in the ADS National Recognition and Rewards Program.
An Instructorﾒs performance will be monitored by the District Coordinator on an ongoing basis and used to help coach towards success. The Instructor is encouraged to seek support from the National office when necessary.
Skill Desired: Public Speaking/Meeting Facilitation, Education/Training, Information Technology
Matching Interests: Geared for 50+ volunteers, Indoors, Education & Literacy, Community, Seniors
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR