State: ILContact: email@example.com
District Liaison AARP IL Volunteer!
The District Liaison Volunteer will work closely with Illinois Staff Partner(s) to engage federal and state elected officials in each of their voting districts.
- Participate in volunteer calls to learn of the issue(s) for your visits/dropﾖbyes (weekly Jan- May, otherwise biweekly).
- Conduct brief and focused drop-byes (as needed) to Members of Congress (MOCs) and state legislator offices to build relationships and to leave information regarding the current issues.
- Schedule in person meetings with MOCs and state legislators or senior staff when there is a specific ask on behalf of AARP members and the 50+.
- Complete a one page template/online report on the visit.
- Attend training with other District Liaisons or volunteers.
- Commitment to the goals and priorities of AARP.
- Email, telephone and web communication literacy.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex legislative information and processes.
- Willingness to learn about issues and use speaking points.
- Ability to physically visit offices of elected offices (e.g. driving or public transportation).
- Ability to work in a non-partisan manner; may not concurrently hold a leadership role in a political party.
- Ability to inspire and encourage others to become involved in projects and activities.
- Orientation to AARP.
- Other skills training and issue briefings.
Matching Interests: Relevant Experience Appreciated, Community, Seniors
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR