Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross
State: HIContact: email@example.com
Disaster Shelters provide congregate care including safe sleeping accommodations for people displaced by disaster and help meet the immediate disaster-caused needs of individuals, families, and communities. Looking for KAUAI & MAUI volunteers only.
- Help clients find resources to meet future mental health needs resulting from the event.
- Provide crisis counseling to clients and community.
- Perform client casework, as needed.
- Must hold any level license or registration as a social worker, psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, or psychiatrist (including non-clinical licenses such as Licensed Masters Social Worker or LMSW).
- May be a retired mental health professional who held a license (any level license) from any U.S. state or territory as a one of the above positions within the 5 years prior to on-boarding and maintained a license or certification in good standing upon retirement and without any disciplinary action taken by the issuing U.S. state or territory licensing or certification board.
- Desired Traits: honesty, forward looking, competence, intelligence and compassion.
Skill Desired: Medical/Health
Matching Interests: Relevant Experience Required, Geared for 50+ volunteers, Veterans & Military Families, Seniors, Health & Wellness, Children & Youth, Emergency & Safety, Disaster Relief, Community
AARP will host a weekly live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursday at 1 pm (ET). Please join us each week for the latest information on the Coronavirus.Read More »
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR