Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross
Address: The Community of Yadkin County,
Yadkinville, NC 27055
Start training to respond during hurricane season and other large disasters! Disaster Responder Volunteers are apart of a trained team to assist with sheltering, feeding, and distribution of emergency supplies after major disasters like multi-family fires and hurricanes. Be trained and ready when the time comes!
- Serve as a shelter worker on a disaster relief operation. Roles may include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter.
- Meeting disaster-caused sheltering needs of individuals, families, and communities.
- Providing services with kindness and compassion that are accessible and equitable to all clients.
- Maintaining clear communication and collaboration with supervisor and peers.ﾕ Ensuring accuracy in all assigned tasks.
- Providing accurate reporting of sheltering activity as assigned.
This is a great entry level opportunity to get involved with Disaster Response. Additional activities and training are available to get involved in areas like Disaster Mental Health Services, Disaster Health Services, Logistics (Distribution of Emergency Supplies), Reunification, and Community Recovery.
Opportunities for deployment are also available. During COVID-19, volunteers can start training virtually.
Skill Desired: Project Management, Medical/Health
Matching Interests: Relevant Experience Appreciated, Geared for 50+ volunteers, Handicap accessible, Seniors, Emergency & Safety, Disaster Relief, Community
Monday, Aug 17, 2020 at 12:00pm Eastern Time
WEBINAR hosted by WBC of NC
Tuesday, Aug 4, 2020 at 7:00pm Eastern Time
Online via Zoom
Wednesday, Aug 5, 2020 at 5:30pm Eastern Time
Streaming online via One Day University
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR