Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross - Nebraska, Kansas and SW Iowa Region
State: NEContact: KSNESWI.firstname.lastname@example.org
Disaster Action Team
Get involved. Disaster Action Team (DAT) members directly help people affected by disasters ranging from home fires to tornadoes by providing food, shelter, essential relief supplies and hope. You can also support disasters ﾓbehind the scenesﾔ with planning, logistics or volunteer management. this position starts as a trainee.
Responsibilities: The DAT Trainee is the entry level position for the DAT program. As part of the DAT training program, the DAT Trainee will respond to local disasters and successfully complete assigned training.
- 1. Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within two hours.
- 2. Follows the direction of on-scene team leader to support the response.
- 3. Completes all required training to become a DAT Service Associate within 6 months.
- 4. Attends regularly scheduled volunteer/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- 5. Communicates availability to DAT Coordinator on a regular basis.
- 6. Other responsibilities as assigned by the DAT leadership.
Matching Interests: Relevant Experience Appreciated, Indoors, Outdoors, Handicap accessible, Children & Youth, Veterans & Military Families, Seniors, Poverty, Immigrants & Refugees, Health & Wellness, Emergency & Safety, Disaster Relief, People with Disabilities, Community
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR