Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross
State: IAContact: NEIAvolunteer@redcross.org
Purpose - To serve on a Disaster Action Team as a worker on a DAT response to provide 24-hour immediate support and assistance to individuals and families who have been impacted by a home fire or other local disaster.
- Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within two hours.
- Has access to RC Care and can directly enter case data.
- Works with on-scene lead to assess whether additional resources/support are required and communicates those needs to DAT Leadership.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- Commits to being available during assigned shifts and communicates scheduling conflicts with DAT Leadership.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by DAT Leadership.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission of the American Red Cross- Remains current with all required training.
- Able to respond reliably when on call.
- Able to follow Red Cross DAT and other related standards and procedures.
- Ability to learn and use Red Cross systems and online interfaces.
- Ability to work in challenging and stressful conditions such as poor air quality, uneven ground, adverse weather, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license and/or a timely, reliable way to get to the scene.
- Ability to take direction from steady state and operational leadership.
Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Matching Interests: Community
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR