Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross
Address: 5109 NE 82nd Ave,
Vancouver, WA 98662
Are you interested in deploying and helping communities in Central Oregon during this rough hurricane and wildfire season! We are looking for volunteers willing and able to help serve the communities affected by natural disasters.
The role of Sheltering Service Associate is to serve as a member of a temporary work unit on a disaster relief operation to successfully complete their assigned areas of responsibility on a disaster relief operation. They ensure safe sheltering at a single shelter throughout the cycle of the disaster.
- Regional responses: Shift work determined by the scale of the relief operation; a minimum requirement 2 week deployment and 8-12 hours per day during the disaster relief operation for multiple, consecutive days.
- Beyond Regional responses: a minimum requirement 2 week deployment and 12-14 hour days for extended periods depending on distance. Time and length of commitment will vary by operation.
- Serve as a shelter worker on a disaster relief operation. Roles may include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter.
- Meeting disaster-caused sheltering needs of individuals, families, and communities.
- Providing services with kindness and compassion that are accessible and equitable to all clients.
- Maintaining clear communication and collaboration with supervisor and peers.
- Ensuring accuracy in all assigned tasks.
- Providing accurate reporting of sheltering activity as assigned.
For more information: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=7635&h=944&p=103615
Matching Interests: Emergency & Safety, Community
Tuesday, Feb 8, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time
Tuesday, Mar 8, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Tuesday, Jan 18, 2022 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR