Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross
State: IAContact: Barby.Clark@redcross.org
Disaster Action Team
Purpose - Ensures timely activation and monitoring of local and regional DAT responses. The Duty Officer supports the DAT program either at the chapter/territory or region level.
Responsibilities - Leadership:
- May determine if Red Cross action is required; may decide if Red Cross will respond via DAT.
- Uses event triggers such as size, scope, and type of the event to direct the DAT response.
- Works with on-scene DAT leadership to support the response and provide technical guidance.
- Support and trains new Duty Officers.
- Dispatch DAT members and monitor the response to ensure appropriate resources are made available.
- Activate Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, and Disaster Spiritual Care, Public Affairs when requested.
- Documents incoming disaster notification and creates & verifies events in RC View, when applicable.
- May be required to monitor activity across multiple DAT responses.
- Notify Chapter and Regional staff of significant events, and contribute to an Initial Incident Report, when appropriate.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
Matching Interests: Community
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR