Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross
State: NCContact: ENCrecruit@redcross.org
The American Red Cross is seeking Disaster Action Team (DAT) volunteers to help local families cope with emergencies. As a DAT member, you can provide emotional support, financial assistance and information to help families recover after disaster strikes.
From home fires to hurricanes, floods and tornadoes, the American Red Cross responds to a disaster every 8 minutes. Volunteer with our Disaster Action Team (DAT) today and help us respond to events in your community.
Weﾒll provide all the training you need so you can be ready to have a major impact on those who need us the most.
The DAT Trainee is the entry level position for the DAT program. As part of the DAT training program, the DAT Trainee will respond to local disasters and successfully complete assigned training.
1. Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within two hours.
2. Follows the direction of on-scene team leader to support the response.
3. Completes all required training to become a DAT Service Associate within 6 months.
4. Attends regularly scheduled volunteer/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
5. Communicates availability to DAT Coordinator on a regular basis.
6. Other responsibilities as assigned by the DAT leadership.
Time Commitment: Choose your availability for rotation schedules
Requires availability to be ﾓon-callﾔ for a block of time each month.
(Days and/or nights, weekends)
Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Skill Desired: Public Speaking/Meeting Facilitation, Writing
Matching Interests: Indoors, Outdoors, Geared for 50+ volunteers, Relevant Experience Appreciated, Community, Health & Wellness, Emergency & Safety, Disaster Relief
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR