Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross
Address: Richmond County Area,
Augusta, GA 30909
A Community Volunteer Leader (CVL) is a leadership volunteer who works in partnership with the local chapter Executive Director (ED), with the primary goal of building capacity to grow the volunteer base to deliver the local Red Cross mission. The CVL helps to recruit a volunteer workforce that is both inclusive, represents the demographics of the community, and also fills the specific need identified by the chapter.
This is accomplished through:
- Serving as an advocate, representing the Red Cross volunteer needs within your specific community.
- Sharing volunteer needs within social networks and other circles of influence.
- Meeting with community groups and schools to share about volunteer opportunities.
- Helping build, regain, and enhance presence in the local community.
- Providing Red Cross updates to local service clubs (Rotary, Kiwanis, etc.).
- Participating in local community events as an extension of Executive Director.
- Assisting with cultivating, managing and stewarding external partner relationships.
- Supporting routine meetings with key stakeholders (fire chiefs, mayors, veteran organizations, local media partners).
Red Cross specific training provided.
Skill Desired: Marketing, Writing, Public Speaking/Meeting Facilitation
Matching Interests: Indoors, Relevant Experience Appreciated, Health & Wellness, Disaster Relief, Community
Tuesday, Mar 2, 2021 at 10:00am Eastern Time
Zoom - Link Will Be Sent Upon Registering
Wednesday, Mar 3, 2021 at 10:00am Eastern Time
VIRTUAL. ZOOM LINK PROVIDED AFTER REGISTRATION
Friday, Mar 12, 2021 at 12:00pm Eastern Time
Zoom (Link Provided After Registration)
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR