State: ILContact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Outreach Liaison AARP IL Volunteer!
The Volunteer Community Outreach Liaison team member serves to assist staff and other volunteers to support AARP IL in community outreach activities. This can be done on an as needed basis for community activities and special events.
In fulfilling assigned responsibilities, the Community Outreach Liaison volunteer will be guided by an action plan developed specifically for the activity or event and approved by either volunteer or staff supervisor.
Common activities include:
- Staffing tables at fairs and events
- Distributing AARP material to other organizations or creating displays at venues open to the public.
- Participating in short term community service activities.
- Assisting with registration and other functions at AARP events.
- Attending rallies and other functions where a large volume of community support can help create action on an issue.
- Taking a short term leadership role in putting a project together.
- Commitment to the goals and priorities of AARP.
- Bilingual/Spanish skills a plus.
- Email and telephone access.
- Experience as an effective communicator.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse community organizations around.
- AARP priority issues.
- Orientation to AARP.
- Other skills training as directed by AARP IL.
Skill Desired: Spanish Language
Matching Interests: Geared for 50+ volunteers, Outdoors, Indoors, Family friendly, Seniors, Community
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR