Date: OngoingOrganized By: Pathways Vermont
State: VTContact: email@example.com
Pathways Vermont is is committed to its mission to transform the lives of people experiencing mental health and other life challenges by supporting self directed roads to recovery and wellness in an atmosphere of dignity, respect, choice and hope.
We advocate for the rights of people to live without stigma and discrimination and promote civil rights, community integration, health care, affordable housing and employment for all.
We are fortunate to have a dedicated board of directors that leads and represents Pathways Vermont. The board is comprised of a diverse assortment of experts, trail-blazers and all-around-wonderful human beings who are dedicated to advancing Pathways Vermontﾒs work towards its mission. Board member serve three (3) year, renewable terms. Service on the board is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to board membersﾒ duties.
The board meets every 6 weeks on Mondays at 4pm at Pathways Vermontﾒs administrative offices in Burlington. Members may attend meetings in person or by phone. Members are expected to attend at least 80% of these meetings, participate in a committee, attend scheduled board retreats, and are encouraged to attend trainings, fundraisers, and other Pathways Vermont sponsored events when possible.
The expectation of board members is that they will conduct themselves as ambassadors of Pathways Vermont and work collaboratively with other board members, staff and stakeholders to positively advance the organizationﾒs goals
As the highest leadership body of the organization and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the board is responsible for:
- Determining the mission and purposes of the organization.
- Selecting and evaluating the performance of the Executive Director.
- Strategic and organizational planning.
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management.
- Fundraising and resource development.
- Approving and monitoring Pathways Vermontﾒs programs and services.
- Enhancing Pathways Vermontﾒs public image.
- Assessing its own performance as the governing body of Pathways Vermont.
Each individual board member is expected to:
- Know and understand Pathways Vermontﾒs mission, purposes, goals, policies, services, strengths and needs.
- Faithfully read and understand the organizationﾒs financial statements.
- Review and approve the annual budget, audit reports, and other pertinent financial documents.
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for Pathways Vermont to advance its mission.
- Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve Pathways Vermontﾒs mission.
- Donate at a personally significant level which reflects Pathways Vermont as one of their main philanthropic priorities.
- Host at least one ﾑCrossing Pathsﾒ mission tour annually and serve as a Table Captain at the annual breakfast event.
- Help identify personal connections that can benefit the organizationﾒs fundraising and reputational standing, and can influence public policy.
- Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings.
- Participate fully in one or more committees.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Avoid prejudiced judgments and bring good will to deliberations.
- Counsel and support Executive Director.
Skill Desired: Social Media/Digital Marketing, Project Management, Marketing, Accounting
Matching Interests: Relevant Experience Appreciated, Homeless & Housing, Community
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR