Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross
State: NEContact: Barby.Clark@redcross.org
Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their donation.
- Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process.
- Manage donor flow at temp taking station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
- Explain purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand reason for deferral if applicable.
- Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
- Model excellent customer service behaviors.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values.
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution.
- Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested.
- Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donorﾒs blood type with the best product for maximum impact.
- Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions.
- May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed.
Matching Interests: Community