Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross
State: NEContact: Barby.Clark@redcross.org
Urgent Needed Created due to Covid-19
Provide excellent customer service to enhance the blood donor experience, executing donor temperature screening on potential donors prior to their entry into the blood drive. This position serves as gatekeeper by providing additional screening the American Red Cross has implemented in the interest of the safety of the blood supply, recipients, other donors, staff, volunteers and general public health regarding COVID-2019 outbreaks.
- This position and Temp-taking screening station is part of additional screening the American Red Cross has implemented in the interest of the safety of the blood supply, recipients, other donors, staff, volunteers and general public health regarding COVID-2019 outbreaks.
- Greet donors and model excellent customer service behaviors. Manage donor flow at temp taking station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
- Explain purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand reason for deferral if applicable. Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
Blood Donor Screeners will use the following supplies:
- Thermometer and probe covers, if applicable.
- Trash basket.
- Hand sanitizer.
- Sani-cloths or Cavi-cide.
- Wear gloves at all times and change them between each donor.
- Use a new probe cover on an electronic thermometer or a new disposable thermometer for each donor.
- Will not repeat temperatures for any reason.
- Will insert the thermometer into the donor's mouth, hold the probe, read the temperature and discard the probe cover or the disposable thermometer.
- Check to see if the donor's temperature is acceptable.
- Advise the donor if above 99.5 degrees F to defer from donating on current day.
- Will clean the electronic thermometer, probe and probe wiring between each person with Sani-cloth or Cavi-cide.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills using diplomacy and tact.
- Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds.
- Ability to understand technology needed for position.
- Comfortable taking temperatures and explaining processes.
Matching Interests: Family friendly, Indoors, Community
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR