Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross - Nebraska, Kansas and SW Iowa region
State: NEContact: KSNESWI.firstname.lastname@example.org
Blood Donor Ambassadors engage with blood donors at American Red Cross affiliated blood drives to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations (Length of shift 3-5 hours, asking for a commitment of 1 shift a month.
- Welcome and greet donors, escort as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values.
- Create a favorable impression of the Red Cross, and the blood donation process, that will encourage continued support.
- Make reminder calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed.
- Be available and committed to the volunteer schedule.
- Model excellent customer service behaviors.
- Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas.
- Punctual and dependable in arriving for assignment(s).
Matching Interests: Requires Physical Ability (for example, lift 50 lbs.), Indoors
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR