Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross
Address: Dawson County Area,
Dawsonville, GA 30534
Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their donation. The American Red Cross aspires to be an organization fully committed to diversity and inclusion by creating and maintaining a diverse, high-performing workforce of employees and volunteers who reflect all communities we serve; by cultivating a collaborative, inclusive and respectful work environment that empowers all contributors; and by leveraging diverse partnerships - all of which helps to ensure culturally competent service delivery supported by effective community leadership and engagement.
- Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process.
- Manage donor flow at temp taking station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
- Explain purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand reason for deferral if applicable.
- Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
- Model excellent customer service behaviors.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values.
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution.
- Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested.
- Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donorﾒs blood type with the best product for maximum impact.
- Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions.
- May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed.
- Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills.
- Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds.
- Ability to understand technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid Pass, Donor App.?
- Ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers.
- Ability to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to a change driven culture.
Note: Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
Matching Interests: Relevant Experience Appreciated, Family friendly, Indoors, Community, Health & Wellness
Tuesday, Dec 1, 2020 at 1:00pm Eastern Time
Tuesday, Dec 8, 2020 at 1:00pm Eastern Time
VIRTUAL. ZOOM LINK PROVIDED AFTER REGISTRATION
Tuesday, Dec 1, 2020 at 10:00am Eastern Time
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR