Date: OngoingOrganized By: York County Community Action Corporation
Address: 6 Spruce Street,
Sanford, ME 04073
Having reliable transportation is what provides each of us the ability to access the programs and services needed to thrive. Getting people where they need to go is critically important, so York County Community Action Corporation (YCCAC) is looking for volunteer drivers to transport individuals to school, medical appointments, places of employment, errands, etc.
Volunteer drivers receive $.44/mile, and the steps to become a volunteer driver are easy:
1. Complete an application and return it to the YCCAC Transportation Department.
2. Attend an interview (approx. 1 hour).
3. Background checks are initiated (all fees paid by YCCAC), including: Criminal Check (Bureau of Investigation), Driving Record Check (Department of Motor Vehicles), and DHHS Check (Bureau of Child & Family Services - all information is confidential).
4. Attend an orientation (approx. 3 hours).
5. Provide the following information to YCCAC: a valid MAINE Driverﾒs license, vehicle registration, and proof of vehicle insurance.
After orientation, volunteer drivers will be able to transport adults only. After Child Transportation and Child Safety Seat Training, volunteer drivers will be able to transport children. NOTE: Fingerprinting is required to transport children per our contracts.
All drivers will be on a 4-month probation period at the start of their service with YCCAC.
To express interest or to learn more, please contact Deb Paradis, Assistant Director of Transportation, at (207) 459-2931 or DebP@yccac.org.
Matching Interests: Relevant Experience Appreciated, Requires Physical Ability (for example, lift 50 lbs.), Geared for 50+ volunteers, Seniors, Poverty, Children & Youth, Community
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR