Date: OngoingOrganized By: American Red Cross - Greater Arkansas
State: ARContact: Stephanie.Vardaman@redcross.org
Description - Experts predict above-normal hurricane season; season runs June-November.
Expectations 13-19 named storms, 6-10 hurricanes, and 3-6 major hurricanes.
Disaster Health Services Associates is a temporary position assigned to work in person before, during and/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season. Volunteers in this role aid and provide healthcare to shelter residents as needed.
Are You a Licensed Healthcare Professional?
For licensed healthcare professionals only
- Work in person in alignment with your licensure at a Red Cross shelter before, during, and/or after a disaster.
- Provide hands-on healthcare to shelter residents including assistance with daily living, wound care, incontinence care, functional needs, etc.
- Offer health education and help replace medications, durable equipment, and consumable supplies.
- Unencumbered license in medical field.
- Willingness to work in a COVID environment.
- Strong relationship building and communications skills.
- Completion of volunteer application (including background checks) and self-paced online training.
- Immediate availability to leave within 24 hours.
- 14-day deployment.
- Red Cross covers flights and expense of one checked bag; must be able to carry everything you pack!
- Provided Mission Card (personal charge card) to cover approved expenses.
- Deployment arrival: ﾓin processﾔ with Staff Services.
- Lodging: No roommates (practicing social distancing) but expect to change rooms often and/or stay at shelter.
- Focus on client; be kind, flexible, and proactive; offer and ask for help; take care of yourself and each other.
- ALWAYS represent Red Cross professionally.
How to get started:
- Complete the online application at www.redcross.org/volunteertoday. Questions??
- Click this link to register to learn more: https://bit.ly/HurricaneDeploy
Skill Desired: Medical/Health
Matching Interests: Relevant Experience Required, Requires Physical Ability (for example, lift 50 lbs.), Geared for 50+ volunteers, Emergency & Safety, Disaster Relief
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR