Date: OngoingOrganized By: Compassus Hospice
State: OHContact: Mary.Maune@Compassus.com
The ANGEL program was born out of a desire to provide extended support to patients and their families as they reach the final stage of "life's journey". The ANGELS are a "special forces" division of our volunteer base. They have been specially trained to provide emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families during the last days and/or hours of life.
Primarily, they provide a physical presence by just being there to help in any way that is needed. It is not unusual for the hospice nurse and other members of the TEAM (social worker, chaplain) to be present during the patient's last hours. We have found that some of our patients, did not have family or friends available or nearby and that there was a great need for extra support, so that patients did not have to die alone. We invite you to become an ANGEL and give the gift of compassionate presence.
- Volunteer training plus additional ANGEL training.
- Willing to commit to volunteering in 4 hour blocks of time per assignment.
- TransportationﾕOn-call 1 - 2 x per monthﾕParticipation in quarterly meetings for continued education and support.
- Background check with fingerprinting.
- TB Screen.
- Compassus provides training and there is no cost to the volunteer.
We provide training and can work around your schedule. Make a difference in someone's life. Become a Compassus hospice volunteer today!
Skill Desired: Writing, Public Speaking/Meeting Facilitation
Matching Interests: Indoors, Handicap accessible, Seniors, Health & Wellness, Community
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR