State: FLContact: email@example.com
AARP Driver Safety meets the needs of older drivers through leading educational programs that include the AARP Smart Driverﾙ course, CarFit?, We Need to Talk, and the Driving Resource Center. The flagship AARP Smart Driver course is the nationﾒs largest classroom and online driver safety course and is designed especially for drivers age 50 and older. Over 16 million participants have gone through AARP Driver Safety classroom and online courses, taught by more than 4,000 AARP Driver Safety volunteers.The District Coordinator, an unpaid volunteer, provides support to the State Coordinator, Deputy State Coordinator (DSC), or Zone Coordinator (ZC). The District Coordinatorﾒs supervisor is the Zone Coordinator.
TRAINING AND MEETING ATTENDANCE EXPECTATIONS:
- Enroll in and complete the District Coordinator learning path found in the Volunteer Portal.
- If new to Driver Safety, attend an in-person Driver Safety Course or online if one is not available in the near future.
- Reimbursement for all official AARP ADS expenses.
- Coverage by AARP insurance while conducting ADS business.
- Sharpen your skills in a supportive, non-work environment for a social mission organization.
- Eligible for participation in the ADS National Recognition and Rewards Program.
- Provided with excellent training materials to facilitate responsibilities.
- Ability to attend state meetings as required by the State Coordinator.-
Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to set and oversee program operations.
- Ability to build strong partnerships and work with diverse populations.
- Working knowledge of personal computers, software and electronic communication systems and access Commitment to the goals, policies and priorities of AARP and ADS.
- Ability to attend state meetings as required by the State Coordinator.
To apply go to www.aarp.org/volunteernow
Skill Desired: Education/Training, Marketing, Public Speaking/Meeting Facilitation
Matching Interests: Geared for 50+ volunteers, Community, Seniors
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR